Welcome to our website !

Side table restoration

By 3:06 PM , , ,



This side table is sanded and ready for varnishing. I really wanted to make this into a games table with a chess board painted in the middle. However, on second thought, the table has a lovely parquetry type design to it and it would be a shame to paint it.

This is what it looked like before I started working on it. It was scratched and burnt in one corner, probably an unwatched candle. It's going to feel brand new once a few coats of varnish goes on.


I really want to try making a painted piece of furniture but I'm so hesitant about covering up a lovely piece of timber. I need to find a piece of furniture that I'm not going to feel bad painting over !

Update 24/01/2016  After some lovely inspiration from the Upcycle and DIY Australia Facebook group I've found a way to have my cake and eat it too.  Have to wait till I finish to see how it turns out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments